Kawasaki-Z-Classik.com

KAWASAKI Z1/Z2 FORUM
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: new member
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:25 am 

Hi Zers, just found forum, have owned Z1 for 40 years, love it.Will be great to connect to people all around the world with the same passion.Am having problem running rich, fairly sure have tracked it down to choke plungers not sealing,any advice on fixs or where new ones could be found would be great.
i am living near Coffs Harbour,Australia if any members nearby perhaps could get together for rides etc already have one z desperate 6 kms away so the more the merrier.
Looking forward to accessing forum and sharing in the wealth of knowledge that is out there.
Happy Zeding.
Bushboy

Post subject: Re: new member
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:32 pm 
Advanced Member

Welcome to the forum. Lots of great information here. :dance:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:21 pm 
Site Admin

Great to see you found us... :text-welcomewave: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :flags-waveaustralia:
Rob.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:25 pm 
Advanced Member

bushboy wrote:
Hi Zers, just found forum, have owned Z1 for 40 years, love it.Will be great to connect to people all around the world with the same passion.Am having problem running rich, fairly sure have tracked it down to choke plungers not sealing,any advice on fixs or where new ones could be found would be great.
i am living near Coffs Harbour,Australia if any members nearby perhaps could get together for rides etc already have one z desperate 6 kms away so the more the merrier.
Looking forward to accessing forum and sharing in the wealth of knowledge that is out there.
Happy Zeding.
Bushboy

Wekcine,,, If you have enrichener plunger leakage, the symptoms are that the bike will
rev for no reason when you are stopped and idling. To check this, just jiggle the "choke"
arm and the higher idling will settle down; usually pretty quickly. The pads on the plungers
do get hard and can't seal over time.

If your "rich" running means plugs are sooty and the bike backfires mildly when running at
a constant speed on the highway, then your coil voltage is suspect. Over time, the kill
switch, ignition switch and associated connectors start to add resistance to the wiring
that feeds your coils and you will end up with poor voltage at the coils. While it is possible
to clean all the components or replace them with NOS stuff, I suggest it will likely be an
exercise in futility. Take a look at this tech article on my website. I do carbs for a living
and really don't like to rebuild carbs because of issues not related to them:

http://wgcarbs.com/index.php/using-joom ... s/89-coils

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:38 pm 

Welcome to the form. You will find a lot of good info.