Kawasaki-Z-Classik.com

KAWASAKI Z1/Z2 FORUM
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New member - Dave
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:50 pm 

Hi there,
About 18 months ago, after thirty years, I decided and got agreement from my wife to return to motorcycles.
I wanted to ride a vintage Kawasaki and started with a pretty rough a 73 H2A. That rebuild is finished and it went back on the road in July.
The guys on the triples forum were a great source of information to help me.
Several weeks back while riding it I met a gentlemen that asked if I would be interested in 2 more - specifically 2 1974 Z1's.
I could not pass that up! They are both projects but the motors do run. I am just starting the disassembly to see what i really have here.
My plan is to bring both to daily rider condition in stock configuration.
I have one in my garage now and will get the other at the end of the month.
Below is a picture of the first Z1. She is a bit rusty and missing a few things but I am really excited to have her! Cheers

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Dave240 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New member - Dave
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:17 pm 
Advanced Member

Welcome Dave240...you have come to the right place. There is a colossal amount of information available through the site and through members of this site...and you'll find the members very helpful. Take some time and explore what has been already posted.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:17 am 

Welcome to the site Dave. Nice find on the two 74 Z1A's. Its hard to pass them up isn't it. I have three running 74's and a 73 at the moment but will be selling one of them shortly so I can finish the 75. The bike looks pretty good from the pictures. Paint looks to be in good shape. It helps to have an understanding partner :D Keep the photos coming

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:14 pm 

Yes, welcome to the best Z1 site on the internet! Which brings me to wonder....hopefully there's a backup somewhere of all the great information on this site?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:58 am 

Location: Louisville, KY - The Derby City - Home of The Louisville Slugger -
Hi Dave240,
Welcome to The aZylum! Our little corner of internet motorcycle madness. The depth of knowledge about Z-1's here is remarkable, and the members are friendly & helpful. Enjoy.

Nice bikes! Good start on a vintage fleet. Fair warning; they tend to multiply. You'll see...

The old Kaws are a very recognizable part of motorcycling history, and you will sometimes find it difficult to arrive at a destination or, be gearing up to leave from one without strangers walking up, wishing to talk about these bikes.

As with most who find themselves here, you seem to have arrived pre-infected with the Z bug. There is no known cure. But rest assured that no Standard Citizen will ever be able to know by simply looking that you are carrying the Z bug. The symptoms of Z bug are only apparent to others who are so afflicted. Such as those of us on this forum. So pull up a seat & drop your stuff. Wander around and see what's here. You'll have a good time and probably learn a great deal too.

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:19 pm 

Thanks for the warm welcome lads .. When the Z1 was introduced I was 18 and I had just purchased a used 72 H2. I would have loved a Z1 at that time and never dreamed I would have one . But here we are! Living the dream I guess...

You guys have created a great site with a wealth of information! I have already determined my instrument dash is from a later LTD ( I believe) and much of that wiring has been spliced and modified to try and make it work ... but it doesn't. I will replace it all. I have cleared a spot and started to take things apart... it will be a good winter project. I am in Ottawa Canada so we have snow coming soon. Cheers.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Dave240 on Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Dave, and :text-welcomewave: , good to see you here. :clap:
Rob.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:09 am 

Should not be to hard to replace the gauge from eBay. Aftermarket parts we tend to use https://www.z1enterprises.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:16 pm 

Hi Dave,

I'm in Squamish, BC. Good to know there are other Canucks here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:20 am 

craz1 wrote:
Should not be to hard to replace the gauge from eBay. Aftermarket parts we tend to use https://www.z1enterprises.com

Thank you. I checked Z1 Enterprises out and placed an order today to get started on my instruments and new wiring harnesses.