Kawasaki-Z-Classik.com

KAWASAKI Z1/Z2 FORUM
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:23 pm 

Location: Louisville, KY - The Derby City - Home of The Louisville Slugger -
Wow. Just... wow!

Someone really did some creative hacking in an attempt to make that under-seat area look like a Z1.

Riders_On_The_Storm,
Most of the truly knowledgeable Z1 enthusiasts in the world frequent this forum. It would not be at all difficult for us to document the defects on your bike that make it something other than a genuine Z1. If it comes to that some additional pick will be needed.

Speaking for myself (slmjim), if I can be of assistance to help build a case against the fraud you experienced please let me know, either publicly or by PM. Other forum members may be willing to help, but obviously I cannot speak for them.

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:44 pm 
Advanced Member

thats fraud in its purest form and if e-bay's protection wont cover that then what use is it, that would make me hesitant to ever buy a vehicle on there, in the past i have always phoned them and talked to a live person to state my case when e-mailing hasnt worked, its always resolved by phone, i once got the police involved in N.Carolina (im in Canada) in order to get a file# which stated the transaction was fraudulent and i got my money back, dont give up

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:49 am 

hardrockminer wrote:
The carbs you got are not the same ones shown on the bike in Achim's photo. Yours are 26 and Achim's photo shows 28's. The frame is definitely 76 (or newer perhaps.) The seat latch is not Z1 style. the left side cover should have a hole in it for chain oil reservoir filling. This was left on in 1975 although the oil pump was no longer installed. The hole disappeared in 1976.

I am amazed that ebay would allow this sale as a '75 Z1B.

Ebay has no idea what a 75 looks like compared to a 76 so its buyer beware.