Kawasaki-Z-Classik.com

KAWASAKI Z1/Z2 FORUM
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New Member
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:24 pm 

Thanks for letting me join. My name is Craig I live in southwest Louisiana. I have a 1974 Z1a that I bought in 1975. I had just turned 17 years old. I have kept this bike all that time. In the early 80s life got in the way of motorcycles so I quit riding and parked the Z1. Now I want to restore it but it is in rough shape from being not used all that time motor was stuck and the chrome is rusted.It will be a project for me and one of my grandsons.I think it will be a learning experience for my grandson and a good project for us to do together.

Post subject: Re: New Member
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:46 pm 

Location: Louisville, KY - The Derby City - Home of The Louisville Slugger -
Hi ki5voZ1,

Welcome to our little interwebs corner of motorcycle madness. Good to see another Z1coming back from the brink!

Everyone here is afflicted to some extent with The Dreaded Z-bug. There's no know cure. Most of us so-afflicted self medicate with periodic applications of additional Z1's. :-? Betcha' can't have just one... :mrgreen:

I too still have my first '74 Z1 I bought in March '74. It was my only bike until '93, and Ridin' was in my blood so it never sat for long.

I'm currently bringing a '73 barn find back to life that had been parked in the PNW for 30+ yrs., so I understand the rust bucket/stuck motor situation, as do many of our members.

Good Ridin'
slmjim & Z1BEBE

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:42 pm 

Always good to see another Z1 come back to life. I have two '75's and a KZ1000. If you want to restore it to its original condition you came to the right place for knowledge and advice.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:22 pm 
Advanced Member

I'm a newbie here myself and have found this site to be a fountain of good information and folks that are probably the most knowledgeable anywhere on the Z1. I am restoring my first and only Z1 having spent many many years on the Kaw triple side of the world. Good luck on your build!